- College and Career Center: https://www.fcps.net/Page/11737
The College and Career Center webpage is full of information and is updated daily, so please be sure to view it regularly. Please explore the College and Career Center webpage for information on a variety of topics. Email me with any questions you may have: email@example.com
The College and Career Center hosts in person and virtual College Admissions Counselors visits at our school this fall! Please be sure to monitor the College Representative Visit page regularly!
Latinx Family Night on November 11th at 6 pm- juniors and seniors along with their families are invited to participate in an event to learn about high school graduation requirements and transitioning to college or work after graduaton. Presentations by guidance counsleor, BCTC and UK's offices of Latino Outreach.
The College/Career Navigation Night for parents/guardians/students will be back this year as well!! December 8th 5:30 pm- 8 pm
We will host a Career Fair and a Reality Fair in the spring. More information to come on the CCC webpage and Newsletter.
FAFSA Workshops/Assistance Days/Nights will begin in October for our class of 2022! Dates listed on the CCC webpage.
KHEEA- please create and check your MyKHEEA accounts for your KEES amount. www.KHEEA.com
If you don't see any KEES amount please let me know and we will see what the issue is. This account is also important for anyone taking Dual Credit Classes and requesting the KHEAA Dual Credit Scholarship to pay for two classes.
* Your CCR class will be have lots of information to help you in your preparation for life after high school as well as life in high school, so please give this class your all!
* Student Clubs/Organizations are a great way to connect with fellow students and to feel more a part of your school, so check out the student clubs/organization page under Students on the main PLD page.
* Paying for College is information you can start gathering now to understand how to pay for college!
* If you don't plan on going to college we have information for you to explore as well to help you decide on a career! Check out our College/Career Exploration page.
FCPS Career Conversations
Video interviews with local business and industry professionals.
Each interview is categorized within one of the 16 identified career clusters. Click the links below to explore this video archive.
Click here: Conversations
- Requesting Transcripts: Seniors, you will need to request the following transcripts during your senior year:
High School- Colleges need a transcript when you apply and they will need your final transcript with your graduation date
Dual Credit- If you have taken dual credit classes you will need to request the transcript be sent from the college awarding you the college credit.
AP- If you took the AP exam and will be receiving college credit you will need to send a transcript
How to request transcripts: Transcript requests
Thank you all for your encouragement, participation and support! We love our PLD Families!!