How to get started:
- Review our purchasing procedures.
- Register as a vendor with FCPS.
- Select the NAICS and commodity codes that best reflect your business products and services.
- Respond to bids and RFPs.
- Get certified if your company is a minority, woman, or veteran-owned business enterprise (MWVBE). *
- Attend classes, events, and conferences to build your business network.
- Keep your contact information updated.
- Schedule an appointment with us to discuss the possibilities.
Did you know?
The school board's Local Planning Committee develops a four-year District Facility Plan (DFP) to set priorities for construction and renovations projects.
And did you know?
State law requires background checks on all contractors working on school premises during school hours.
* Contractor Approval Process
- Less than $5,000 — items/services are less expensive than approved vendors or not available from approved vendors
- $5,000 to $9,999 — items/services are not available from an approved vendor; must select lowest of three verbal quotes (at least one quote should be from a MWVBE)
- $10,000 to $29,999 — items/services are not available from an approved vendor; must select lowest of three written quotes (at least one quote should be from a MWVBE)
- $30,000 and above — bid/RFP/existing contract (MWVBE inclusion goals apply)
* Note: FCPS prefers that all minority, women, and veteran-owned businesses are certified regardless of the size of the business or the scope of the work, and we accept third-party certification from the following:
NMSDC (National Minority Supplier Development Council)
TSMSDC (TriState Minority Supplier Development Council)
Kentucky Finance and Administration Cabinet (Minority & Women Business Enterprises)
USPAACC (US Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce)
WBENC (Women's Business Enterprise National Council)
NWBOC (National Women Business Owners Corp.)
NaVOBA (National Veteran Owned Business Association)
Kentucky Finance and Administration Cabinet (Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Businesses)
Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (Disadvantaged Business Enterprises)
SBA (U.S. Small Business Administration)
CVE (U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs Center for Verification and Evaluation)