Doing Business with FCPS
How can you connect with the school district?
- Review our purchasing procedures.
- Register as a vendor with FCPS.
- Select the NAICS and commodity codes that best reflect your business products and services.
- Respond to bids and RFPs.
- Get certified if your company is a minority, woman, or veteran-owned business enterprise (MWVBE).
- Attend classes, events, and conferences to build your business network.
- Keep your contact information updated.
- Schedule an appointment with us to discuss the possibilities.
Caveats: FCPS requires certification for minority, women, or veteran-owned businesses for inclusion on major projects over $30,000 as well as capability statements. We prefer certification for all businesses regardless of size, and we will work with each company to gain their certifications. We accept third-party certification from WBENC, NWBOC, NMSDC, TSMSDC, Kentucky DBE, Kentucky SDVOSB, SBA, CVE, and NaVOBA.
- Less than $5,000 — at the discretion of the department
- $5,000 to $9,999 — three verbal quotes (at least one quote from a MWVBE)
- $10,000 to $29,999 — three written quotes (at least one quote from a MWVBE)
- $30,000 and above — bid or RFP (district MWVBE inclusion goals apply)
The Lexington market is growing at a rate of 600 to 700 students per year. As a result, in the past four years, FCPS has built three more elementary schools and a new high school. Every four years, FCPS selects a local planning committee to create a District Facility Plan (DFP) to set priorities for construction and renovations projects.
- 2017 District Facilities Plan with 2020 amendment - draft (pending KBE approval)
State law requires that FCPS obtain background checks on all contractors working on school premises during school hours.