During Fall 20-21 NTI 2DL, earn $300 Go Green + Earn Green the following two ways:
*Subject to change in January 2020 if FCPS transitions into hybrid or traditional instruction.*
- Schedule with Tresine Logsdon.
- Indicate GreenSTEM date on GG + EG submission form.
$150: Community Partnership
- Indicate community partnership + student engagement on GG + EG submission form.
Click HERE to submit GreenSTEM & Community Partnership GG + EG activities.
(You'll need to log in using FCPS credentials.)
Fall 2020 Go Green + Earn Green Deadlines
Jan 15th (October-December)
March 12th (January-February)
April 30th (March-Earth Day 2021)
Below GG + EG criteria applies to traditional instruction model ONLY and is not applicable for Fall 2020 NTI 2DL instruction.
We set out to level the playing field for schools to earn funds by demonstrating a committment to improving sustainability. Go Green + Earn Green 2.0 allows schools to earn funds for green and healthy behavior. The Go Green + Earn Green calendar will be divided into three, two-month periods from October through March. Reward funds will be transferred soon after the end of those periods.
Upon submission, each school will earn $40 for each Green Culture achievement:
- Is your school attempting to recycle?
- Does your school's student team perform monthly energy patrols?
- Are break shutdown checklists being disseminated to school staff before long breaks (Fall, Thanksgiving, Winter, Spring)?
- Are classrooms encouraged to turn the lights off when everyone leaves a room?
- Does your school participate in any environmental education or wellness programs like Kentucky Green & Healthy Schools, KY NEED, or Alliance for a Healthier Generation?
Upon submission, each school will earn $200 for one Power Pack per two-month period.
- Hosting an Energy Awareness Campaign using district-provided data tailored for your school + student-collected data
- Scheduling a Listening Session with FCPS sustainability team, to include Principal, Lead Custodian, and Sustainability Coordinator. You can find the provided listening session worksheet here.
- Creating a personal appliance inventory at your school during one of the studen'ts monthly patrols and consolidating some personal appliances.
- Implementing a Sustainability or Wellness Improvement Project with the Go Green to Earn Green funds your school has already earned.
Each school will submit their achievements by each period's deadline:
*To be determined January 2021.
To learn more or to submit your Power Pack & Green Culture achievements, please go to our Go Green to Earn Green Action Items page.
To Submit activities now, look for Go Green to Earn Green Survey on left bar.