Navigating the FAFSA
Tuesday, September 24
6:30 PM in the Library
The application for Central Kentucky Youth Salute are now open and online! Complete the application and upload your Leadership essay. You must be a Junior with a cumulative 3.0 GPA or getter to qualify. Deadline for applications is Friday, September 27, 2019.
Engineering Grand Tours allow families to learn about our engineering program, scholarships, co-ops and internships, housing and hear directly from professors and students. You’ll visit state-of-the-art classrooms and laboratories as well as the new engineering residence hall. Grand Tours occur on Mondays throughout the academic year. These tour start on September 9th. Register here: http://www.engr.uky.edu/students/undergraduate/visit-us
*AP EXAM REGISTRATION INFO-BEGINNING OCTOBER
IMPORTANT AP EXAM INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN AP COURSES FOR 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR:
College Board has made major changes to AP Exam Registration. Students will now sign up for AP Exams in the FALL. Regular Online Exam registration for students currently taking AP courses, begins October 1st, 2019 and ends October 31st at 11:59 pm.
To register for AP Exams:
Step 1: Go to myapcollegeboard.com, select "Yes" for each exam you wish to take. They must do this for each course in myapcollegeboard.com.
Step 2: Registration/Payment for the exam(s): www.TotalRegistration.net/AP/181430. To complete registration & payment, all required questions must be answered. Please provide an e-mail address that you will check as you will receive important information regarding AP exams via e-mail. Print a copy of the PDF confirmation page for your records once registration and payment are complete. 2020 AP Exams cost $98.00 per exam, Payments will be made directly to Total Registration—no payments will be made to Lafayette or collected at Lafayette. The majority of exams will be administered off campus. Transportation to and from the test site will be the student’s responsibility.
Below are the important dates and information for the registration/payment process:
- Registration website: TotalRegistration.net/AP/181430 (case sensitive)
- October 1st, 2019 - Regular Registration Begins
- November 1st, 2019 - Late Registration Begins: $25 late fine per registration
- November 13th, 2019 - Last Day for Full Refund
- November 14th, 2019 - $65 Late Fine per Exam Begins
- March 13th, 2020 - Last Day to Order Exams with Late Fines
- April 30th, 2020 - Last Day for Partial Refund - Any exam canceled will only be refunded $48 per College Board’s new regulations.
- Late fines are non-refundable
Overview of Registration Process Steps:
- Go to link: TotalRegistration.net/AP/181430
- If you have registered for an AP exam in the past, please use the same email address.
- Complete all sections/questions on the registration form.
- Carefully check exams and teachers for which you have registered (exam names and schedule are on the back of this letter.)
- Complete payment online with Total Registration.
- Print payment confirmation page for your records. Registration is complete when you are able to print a confirmation page.
Please contact Tracey Lilly, email@example.com, if you have questions about the AP Exam registration/payment process.
AP EXAM SCHEDULE MAY 2020 AP Exam Schedule May 2020
The College Project's ACT review course begins the week of September 25th and runs for 5 weeks prior to the October 26th ACT. Whether you're unhappy with your current score or taking the test for the first time, our experienced professionals can help you achieve your goals. We will spend one week per main section of the test (English, Math, Reading, Science) reviewing content and test taking strategies for each section. Week 5 is a full-length practice test. For more information, call 859-619-0439 or visit our website to review the course schedule and/or register for the course: http://thecollegeprojectky.com/events/
The 2019 Gary R. Martin Central Kentucky College Fair will be Monday,September 30 from 5:30 - 7:30 in the Bluegrass Ballrooom at the Lexington Center.
*Black Achievers is a college and career readiness program for middle and high school students serving ten counties throughout Central Kentucky. The program provides academic development (time management, study/organization skills, tutoring, etc.) and career exploration (working with adult mentors that either work, teach or study in specific career fields) on the second and fourth Saturday of each month at Transylvania University. Participants start earning scholarships as early as 6th grade; last year we were able to award 20 seniors scholarships totaling close to $300,000. Please complete the attached application to apply.YMCA Black Achievers Application