Thank You to Our Partners
We would like to thank the following persons and organizations for helping with our outreach project. Without you, this project would not have come to fruition!
1. Our interview participants. Thank you for sharing your stories of courage and resilience. You make our community a better place.
- Nicole Tshibangu
- Estabraq Noori
- Adrian Gonzalez Lazo
- Dragana Zaimovic
- Nyema Morais
2. Kentucky Refugee Ministries Lexington for supporting the idea of our project and helping us to learn about the refugee experience. We specifically would like to thank the following individuals at KRM for their efforts:
- Mary Cobb, Lexington Office Director
- Dana Lea, Community Engagement Coordinator
- Dabney Parker, Resource Developer
3. Donors Choose for helping us raise the funds to purchase the necessary audio recording equipment and to our sponsors from the fundraiser.
- Freygish Foundation
- Sergey Brin Family Foundation
- Individual Sponsors
4. Local professors who helped us to understand the process of completing oral histories and experiences of former refugees.
- Dr. Liz Spalding, University of Nevada Las Vegas
- Dr. Angene Wilson, University of Kentucky
- Dr. Doug Boyd, University of Kentucky
- Dr. Laura Szekely, Eastern Kentucky University
5. Employees of the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum's Levine Institute for Holocaust Education for its guidance in interviewing persons who have surived trauma and for providing ongoing feedback during the development of this project.
6. Our fellow Fayette County Public School employees who assisted us with technology support.
7. Our colleague, Pacific Mutayongwa, for speaking at our community event.