Governor’s Scholars Program
GSP is open to all Juniors who are interested in applying and who meet the eligibility requirements below:
- Be in the 11th grade at the time of selection and intend to return to a Kentucky school district for the next school term. (Students skipping their senior year to enter college are not eligible);
- Be a current resident of Kentucky;
- Have taken the ACT, PSAT, or SAT in the 9th, 10th or 11th grades.
If you would like to receive updates, tips, resources, reminders, and have contact with Mrs. Fields for questions via the app REMIND using a smart phone or computer:
Please text to: 81010 This message: @tcgsp22Or text @tcgsp2022 to (901) 466-8785Or visit the link:
GSP Info Session- 9/30 @ 9:25 AM, in TC Theatre
Detailed Application Help Session- 10/13 from 3:30-4:30, Media Center
Application Review Session- bring completed draft to Media Center- 11/21 from 3:30-5:30
DUE DATE IS DECEMBER 1ST
SUBMIT TO MRS. FIELDS. NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED!
SOME HELPFUL LINKS:
Helpful Hints- examples of what each section should look like
Helpful Hints Videos from GSP Director Explains each part of app with tips
GPA and Test Score Rating Guide
Application Scoring Guide (Selection Rating Form)
Writing Entry Scoring Guide/Rubrics For Each Section
Scholarships Offered to KY Governor Scholars
What do past scholars think about the GSP Experience?? VIDEO
Application Pages: (Dont Forget to save these to your computer first)
- Applicant Checklist
- Student Application Front Page
- Focus Area Page
- Consent Form
- Extracurricular Activities
- Writing Entry
- Recommendation Request Form- give completed form to BOTH recommenders
For Teacher Recommenders:
- 2023 Teacher Recommendation Form (Must be downloaded from this page, completed and typed in Word, returned to student)
- SAMPLE Teacher Recommendation - Example for MAX Points, should look like this!
For Community Recommenders:
- 2023 Community Recommendation Form (Must be downloaded from this page, completed and typed in Word, returned to student)
- SAMPLE Community Recommendation - Example for MAX Points, should look like this!
At least one Teacher Rec. Form is Required and ONE Community Leader Rec. Form. At least a two week notice is required for completing any recommendations. Applicants should use the Rec Request Form when asking a teacher or community leader to complete a rec for them.
Students are responsible for delivering the Community Leader Recommendation and Teacher Recommendation Forms to Mrs. Fields with their completed application on the due date.
COMPLETED applications with Community Leader Recomendation Form and Teacher Recommendation Forms are due to Mrs. Fields on December 1, 2021.
No late applications will be accepted!
DUE DATE: December 1, 2022 TO MRS. FIELDS