What is an Ambassador?
The Academy Student Ambassador Program recruits, trains, and supports students who represent their various Academies. Ambassadors practice and improve their leadership skills through monthly training and networking with business partners. As leaders of their Academy, Ambassadors provide a student voice to support the growth and improvement of their Academy. Each career Academy has ambassadors from various grade levels.
- Attend Ambassador orientation (summer) and bi-weekly leadership training
- Conduct visitor tours for the Academies of Tates Creek
- Attend school and district events
- Serve as hosts for open house and ceremony events
- Recruit freshman students for their respective Academies
- Attend Academy SLC and Advisory meetings to add student perspectives
- Practice and improve their leadership and networking skills
- Engage with the Lexington community and business partners
- Advocate on behalf of their fellow students
- Add a significant experience and skill set to their resumes
- Be a rising 10th, 11th, or 12th grader
- Maintain good academic standing
- Maintain regular school attendance, with minimal tardies; students should not be truant
- Positively represent TCHS and their Academy; students should not have behavior referrals
- Have a desire to highlight and improve their communication and leadership skills
- Be committed to attending some after school events, as requested
- Submit a complete application to the Academy Coach
- Participate in an interview for the ambassador program
- Navy Blazer (Provided by school)
- Maroon Tie/Scarf (Provided by school)
- Khaki pants or skirt
- White shirt/blouse
- Dress shoes
- New Ambassadors will be required to attend a summer training (one day)
- All Ambassadors will be trained bi-weekly on leadership skills and events
- Components of training
- Ambassadors (TN): https://goo.gl/DdLkZt
- Ambassador Flyer
- Students must complete an application, submit three recommendations, and participate in an interview.
- Ambassadors will be selected by a committee of Academy members.
How to apply:
- Complete an application: Ambassador Application
- Application is now open through Thursday, March 16th at 3:00 pm.
- Request three recommendations:
- You will need two from teachers, and one from a counselor or administrator.
- Links to fill out the recommendation will be sent out when you submit a completed application.
- Participate in an interview:
- Once you submit your application and recommendations, you will be scheduled for an interview.
- Interviews will be scheduled for the weeks of March 27th and/or April 10th.
- For questions or additional information, please contact our Academy Coach:
- Beth Fain: email@example.com