Registration & Enrollment
Registration COVID-19 impact: Families of this fall's incoming kindergartners & new students to FCPS/Veterans Park may still begin the enrollment process by completing the online registration. VPE staff will then contact each family for a time to complete their paperwork amid the social distancing guidelines. The VPE office will be open for in person registration the following dates & times:
- July 20-23 from 9:00am until Noon
- July 27-30 from 9:00am until Noon
Kentucky law requires youths between 6 and 18 years old to attend school, and the birthday cutoff to enroll in kindergarten is age 5 on or before Aug. 1.
- To register a K-12 student for the current school year, please review the requirements below and then begin registration online. (Paper forms are available at the schools, if preferred.) A parent/guardian must complete the process in person at the school. To determine your child's school, which is based on home address, use the SchoolSite Locator tool.
- The final registration window, which is for kindergartners and other students new to FCPS, is July 30 through the start of classes (tenatively set for the week of Aug. 24). This window and staff access are also subject to change because of COVID-19 restrictions. Requirements
- Child's birth certificate or other reliable proof of identity (see below*)
- Two proofs of residence, such as a property deed or current lease agreement in your name, and a secondary document such as a current utility bill or a current tax bill or receipt
- Proof of child's recent preventative health care exam **
- Up-to-date Kentucky immunization certificate **
- Proof of an eye exam (due by Jan. 1)
- Proof of a dental exam (due by Jan. 1)
- Court documents pertaining to your child, if applicable
- ** You may register without these two documents, but your child may not attend school until they are on file with FCPS. * A legal copy of the child's birth certificate or another official document proving the child's identity and date of birth is required for school registration. Among the acceptable alternatives:
- Adoption records;
- Valid passport or other federal government identification;
- Military identification or immigration card;
- Valid Kentucky driver's license or permit;
- Prior school records (other than FCPS) identifying student by name and date of birth; or
- Statement: "At this time, I am unable to provide the school with one of the acceptable forms of proof listed above. I understand that this constitutes written notice that Kentucky state law requires that I provide the certified birth certificate or one of the above-listed items to the school within 30 days of student enrollment."
- You can get a birth-certificate application from the assigned school or from the Fayette County Health Department, 650 Newtown Pike; call (859) 252-2371. Health documentation: Exams, immunizations, and forms
Summer Learning Opportunity
FCPS is excited to announce Summer Bridge, an online/virtual, continuous learning opportunity for students for summer 2020! Independent learning for students, preschool through 8th grade! FCPS will offer games and incentives as students and families meet their goals. Students can reduce math and language literacy learning gaps by participating in continued learning through the summer. Our goal is for students to begin the 2020-21 school year with increased confidence in their skills.
Summer Bridge is designed to be an independent learning opportunity for students. While adults might need to help younger students log in to the portal initially, the online lessons are self-contained and meant to require little or no involvement from parents or caregivers. A grade level teacher contact will be assigned to help support your student.
Students will need access to a computer, an internet connection, and paper and pencils. If you have concerns about access to needed materials, please include your concerns in the comments section of the registration form below.
Here's the link for parents to sign up, registration is due by 5/22/2020
Fifth Grade Promotion
We are so sad that we aren’t able to gather together to celebrate our amazing fifth grade classes, but we still want to take a moment to recognize their hard work and the lasting impact they leave at VPE. Please take a moment to celebrate their accomplishments by watching this Promotion Video.
Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Well, now you can with the free Veterans Park app available for download on ITunes or Google Play. To sign up as a parent, you need the passcode 3813161 (our school phone number). The VPE app will also help in providing calendar information, specials rotation day, PTA updates, classroom/club information and much more. Please make sure to click for push notifications to help us in providing information to families such as school closing/delays, VPE events, and other family-focused information.