Welcome to Student Support Services!!!
Each counselor has students in grades 9-12 divided alphabetically by last name. Counselors and additional student support staff can be contacted by email; see addresses provided below. Students can set up an appointment with his/her counselor by using See My Counselor.
Paul Laurence Dunbar High School Awards Program Format
This year’s high school awards program will be a PowerPoint Presentation. The awards are college scholarships, community scholarship/awards, school awards. The presentation will be posted on the front page of PLD early May.
All organizations should complete the following form: https://forms.gle/TiuzptEFxWbWmmF37 by April 30th. If your award notification is after April 30th please email the information to Pamela Bates at email@example.com
What Does a Counselor Do?
- Talks with students individually and in groups.
- Gains understanding of your child's behavior through observation and participation in the classroom to help identify their needs.
- Intervenes with potential dropouts.
- Helps students relate to others.
- Provides counsel to teachers and parents so that they can better help their children and students.
- Helps parents find and make better use of community resources.
- Identify student abilities, achievement, interests, and needs.
- Utilize other school specialists to aid students in their growing process.
- Coordinates referrals to outside agencies.
- Hosts and facilitate parent discussion groups.
- Helps with school, college, job, career, and personal plans.
- Participates in curriculum development.