Rosa Parks Book Swap
Start gathering your used, good-condition books at home. Bring in your new/gently used books and swap them for new/gently used books. You may bring up to 10 books to trade. For every book you bring in, you may swap out one book. Chapter books will swap for chapter books; picture books will swap for picture books. Board books will not be accepted.
Collection week: March 2-6 from 7:30 to 8 a.m. in the library
Swap Week: March 9-16 during library class
We will donate all extra books to James Lane Allen Elementary School. Please bring in books you would like to donate to their library as well.
We LOVE to read!
Literacy Spirit Week is March 2-6. Please join us in celebrating reading by participating in the following school-wide spirit days:
- Monday, March 2 - Hats off to reading! - Wear a hat.
- Tuesday, March 3 - Oh, the Places You’ll Go! - Wear your favorite college shirt.
- Wednesday, March 4 - Cozy up with a good book - Wear pajamas!
- Thursday, March 5 - Read Around the World Day - Read a book from a different culture or country.
- Friday, March 6 - Dress like your favorite book character! - Bring the book to school with you, and please no masks.
Potato Character Contest
- Who: Any student in grades K-5
- What: Bring in a potato dressed like your favorite book character! Decorate your character from a nursery rhyme, fairy tale, fiction book, or any book you like.
- When: All potato characters must be brought to the library on Monday, March 2 and all must go home on Friday, March 6 or they will be thrown away.
- How: - Use a fresh potato. Stand the potato up. You can make an easy stand by cutting the bottom of a Styrofoam cup. On your stand, write: the name of your character, your name, and your teacher’s name.
Judges will check out the potato characters on display in the library throughout the week and will vote for their favorites. Winners will be announced on Friday afternoon, March 6, and they will receive a gift certificate to the Joseph-Beth Book Fair in April.
Rosa Parks Elementary is grateful to Dr. Tiger Kim, who made a generous $500 donation to our school. He runs the after-school Tae Kwon Do class that meets on Tuesdays. Contact Dr. Kim if you are interested in signing up your child.
Thank you also to Kumon for donating water for our International Night!
March 20, 2020
March 24, 2020
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM PTA Meeting in Library
March 26, 2020
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM SBDM Meeting
March 30, 2020
March 31, 2020
April 1, 2020
April 2, 2020
April 3, 2020