PLD Picture Day
Picture day for grades 9-11 will be on August 27 and 28. Retakes on September 19 and 20.
Picture day for seniors will be September 19 and 20.
PLD Mental Health Survey
FCPS has been participating in a federal grant to improve mental health services for students (Project AWARE). We are approaching the end of the grant period, and as part of the state-level evaluation, we are being asked to have middle and high school parents participate in a brief survey. The survey is linked below and should take less than 5 minutes. Thank you.
Congratulations Girls' Golf
Congratulations to the Girls Golf team for their first place finish in the LCA Cup!
PLD Open House
The fall PLD Open House will be August 22, 2019 from 5:30 – 7:30. Parents/guardians will be able to meet their child’s teachers, receive information about courses, and enjoy spirit hall. The open house structure will be a “come and go” format so feel free to come anytime between 5:30 – 7:30. We hope everyone will make plans to attend.
BIG CHANGES FOR THE 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR and AP EXAM REGISTRATION
The College Board is changing when students will order AP Exams for the May 2020 administration. College Board research has shown that students are more engaged and likely to earn a score of 3 or higher on the AP Exam when they registered in the fall for AP Exams. Starting October 1st, students will be able to register and pay for exams online through Total Registration. Students will also have to “enroll” their AP exams with the College Board. For the 2020 AP exams, the cost is $98 per exam.
- Registrations made after 12:01 AM on Friday, November 1st , 2019 will incur a $25 late fee per registration.
- Registrations after 12:01 AM on Thursday, November 14th, 2019 will incur a $65 late fee per exam.
- Students who cancel an exam by Wednesday, November 13th, 2019 are entitled to a full refund of the exam fee.
- Students who cancel an exam through April 30th, 2020 are entitled to a refund of the exam fee minus a cancellation fee of $50.00 (per exam cancelled).
- Late fees are nonrefundable.
Students enrolled in AP courses will be receiving additional information during the first few days of school. Please contact Melanie Burch, email@example.com if you have questions.
Parents and students, see below for important information to start the school year!
- PTSA Applications
- SBDM Policies
- Homeroom Information for 2019-2020
- Map of the school
- Traffic Patterns – AM and PM drop off.
- Schedule change procedures
- Excused/unexcused absences
- Attendance details
- Class/lunch schedule for regular and CCR days
- Block Rotation Schedule
- WPLD – download the PLD Lamplighter app for both iOS and Android, and follow @pldlamplighter on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
- School Wide Expectations
- Student Handbook
- Application for Reduced and Free Lunch and Educational Benefits
5:30 PM - 11:59 PM Volleyball vs. Male
5:00 PM - 11:59 PM Volleyball vs. N. Oldham
August 28, 2019
August 31, 2019