Family Resource Center survey
In 2019 Maxwell received a grant to establish a Family Resource Center (FRC). Our joint FRC with Ashland Elementary is coordinated by Tonisha Broadus. A survey has been developed to garner important information from the families of each school in order to help drive the focus of work. Thank you to the families who completed the survey at our welcome event in August. If you did not get the opportunity yet, please take a few minutes to complete the form:
Morning Drop-Off Safety
As you continue to refine your routine for the new school year, please find below important tips to keep everyone safe during the morning dropoff. Thank you for helping us to have a safe year!
- The building doors open at 7:15 a.m. daily and staff will be present to welcome your child to the building.
- When dropping off your child in the car lane please pull up as far as possible. Staff will assist your child in exiting the vehicle.
- For your safety, please observe the no U-turn sign at the drop-off lane.
- Please be mindful if you park across the street and walk your child to the building that you do not inadvertently block a driveway or other vehicle.
- Please only use the designated crosswalk to cross the street. The crossing guard is here to assist to make sure that children and families safely navigate the traffic.
- Announcements start at 7:40 this year and classroom instruction officially begins at 7:45. Any student arriving after this time will need to be signed in at the office by an adult.
Please find below some helpful hints regarding afternoon dismissal.
- The school day officially ends at 2:35 p.m. students who are parent pick-up will be released from the gym. Enter the gym through the rear door, adjacent to the playground.
- Parents need to show their official car tag or a picture of the tag to enter the gym. If you do not have a tag, you need to first stop by the office.
- Please note that cars should not park in the bus lane or in front of the gates during afternoon/bus dismissal. We need to make sure that all buses have safely left before any cars attempt to pull into these spots.
Maxwell has a new app that is designed to provide families with a single landing point for information for the school. The app may be obtained by searching for Maxwell Elementary on your phone’s app store. Be sure to look for the app that contains our school’s logo.
Once you download the app you will be able to set your preferences and receive updates as they become available. The home page contains links to social media, Seesaw, and other helpful information. We will continue to develop the app over the year so that it becomes a viable communication tool that you will be able to rely upon for current information!
December 23, 2019
December 24, 2019
December 25, 2019
December 26, 2019
December 27, 2019
December 30, 2019
December 31, 2019
January 1, 2020
January 2, 2020
January 3, 2020
January 6, 2020
January 20, 2020