Specialized Academic Programs
Certain academic programs, some of which are not considered to be districtwide, offer specialized education within a school or are freestanding sites. These opportunities are open only to Fayette County residents. See the webpages below for details, and call the program coordinator with specific questions.
- Academy of Information Technology at Bryan Station High School; Lorie Daugherty, 381-3308
- Martin Luther King Jr. Academy; David Moore, 381-4040
- Opportunity Middle College; Karen Edwards, 246-6474
- Pre-Engineering Program at Lafayette High School; Diane Remley and Laura Gravitt, 381-3474
- Pre-Engineering Program at Leestown Middle School; Allison French and Aarika Stephenson, 381-3181
- Spanish Immersion Program; Laura Roché Youngworth, 381-4749
- StationARTS at Bryan Station High School; Kelly Mayes and Noelle McGill, 381-3308
- Success Academy; Janice Wyatt-Ross, 381-3795
- The Learning Center; Chris Salyers, 381-0597
- The Stables; Rachel Baker, 381-4778
- Air Force JROTC at Bryan Station High; Greg Coker, 381-3308
- Army JROTC at Henry Clay High School; Brian Hunt, 381-3423
Video archives: Look for the program that interests you!
Web tip: The URL shortcut to this page is fcps.net/specialized
For general questions:
special programs manager
The window typically is Aug. 15 to Oct. 7 for the following school year. It's not a first-come, first-served system. Applications may be submitted anytime during the window, and all receive equal consideration. Note: Some programs might have specific applications or different deadlines; please check their webpage for the latest.
Note: FCPS reserves the right to make changes to application and entrance requirements for all programs offered throughout the district.