Logistical Services & Purchasing (warehouse)
Our department provides daily courier service during the school year for the entire school system, including all schools, programs, and district offices -- transporting Library & Instructional Resources (LIR) materials and small catalog orders from outside vendors and the warehouse. We also provide the property tagging service for the entire school system. Every item over $5,000 and portable technology over $500 are tagged and entered into the master inventory to keep track of equipment.
Logistical Services also handles:
- Delivery and set-up of new and used furniture;
- Relocation of classrooms as required for renovations;
- Furniture and equipment evaluation and minor repairs;
- Storage of surplus furniture for use throughout the district; and
- Delivery of loaner items including tables, chairs, risers, and display boards.
(Note: Moves within a building are handled by the school's custodial staff.)
We are also a receiving warehouse. Our warehouse personnel receive, verify, and process all paperwork for about 600,000 packages and pieces of mail annually. In addition, Logistical Services processes all new textbooks in accordance with state requirements.
Web tip: The URL shortcut to this page is fcps.net/logistics or fcps.net/warehouse
In-house resources are available under the Staff portal.