Fayette County's magnet schools foster higher achievement, encourage creativity, open the door to other cultures, and provide an array of educational choices that focus on the specific needs, interests, and abilities of students. Students accepted to magnet programs leave their regular schools in order to study in the specialty area of their choice. If you are interested in attending Dixie Elementary please follow the link above.
If you would like to contact Dixie's Student Support Team, regarding any concerns you have about your child, please use the link above. The team meets weekly to discuss academic, behavior and mental health needs of our students.
Great news! We continue to increase our number of parent contacts at Dixie. Last year we recorded 18,579 parent contacts through email, phone calls, face-to-face, and Class Dojo. That was an increase of 7,000! Well for the 2018-19 school year, we have done it again. We have increased our parent contacts to 25,950. That is another 7,000 increase! Please thank your child’s teacher for maintaining such open lines of communication with you.
Please be sure that your child has been vaccinated against Hepatitis A. This is a district requirement. We have sent out several notices regarding the vaccine. We are still finding students who have not been vaccinated.
Kroger Community Rewards
- Simply encourage your members to register online at krogercommunityrewards.com and use DIXIE MAGNET ELEM PTA 38509.
- Be sure to have your Kroger Plus card handy and register your card with your organization after you sign up.
- If a member does not yet have a Kroger Plus card, please let them know that they are available at the customer service desk at any Kroger.
- Click on Sign In/Register
- Most participants are new online customers, so they must click on SIGN UP TODAY in the ‘New Customer?’ box.
- Sign up for a Kroger Rewards Account by entering zip code, clicking on favorite store, entering your email address and creating a password, agreeing to the terms and conditions
- You will then get a message to check your email inbox and click on the link within the body of the email.
- Click on My Account and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
- Click on Edit Kroger Community Rewards information and input your Kroger Plus card number.
- Update or confirm your information.
- Enter NPO number or name of organization, select organization from list and click on confirm.
- To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see your organization’s name on the right side of your information page.
- Purchases will not count for your group until after your member(s) register their card(s).
- Do you use your phone number at the register? Call 800-576-4377, select option 4 to get your Kroger Plus card number.
- Members must swipe their registered Kroger Plus card or use the phone number that is related to their registered Kroger Plus card when shopping for each purchase to count.
Our amazing art teacher has provided us with an excellent start to our spring break by organizing an amazing Arts Day on the Friday before. I have enjoyed Arts Day every year that I have been at Dixie, but I think this one was the best. The kids were so excited for the day. The activities were all excellent hands-on, engaging lessons. The students really enjoyed everything about the day. I heard great feedback from the staff as well. I know the tremendous effort that goes into organizing an event such as this, and I cannot thank Rachel enough.
Ruth has a son Maxwell who is in Ms. Gray’s kindergarten classroom. She has been busy volunteering in kindergarten, doing whatever Ms. Gray asks. Ms. Willoughby is not only giving of her time, she is quite generous as well, providing treats for all of the kindergarten students and lunch for the staff. She is a wonderful member of our Dixie community. I wanted to let her know how much we appreciate all that she does for Dixie. If you see Ruth, please thank her for her time.
3:00 PM PBIS meeting
September 26, 2019
7:00 AM All-Pro Dads
October 3, 2019
October 4, 2019
November 5, 2019
November 27, 2019
November 28, 2019
November 29, 2019