Cassidy Elementary School
1125 Tates Creek Road •
Lexington, KY 40502
Phone: (859) 381-3018 • Fax: (859) 381-3019
School website: www.cassidy.fcps.net/
School hours: 8:25 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
Cassidy Elementary School was built in 1935 by the federal Works Progress Administration on land that once belonged to renowned Kentucky statesman Henry Clay. The school was named for M.A. Cassidy, who served as superintendent of the Lexington Schools from 1885 to 1928 and was among the most prominent educators in the state. Additions to the school were built in 1956 and 1987, and the latest renovations were completed in the fall of 2010.
What makes our school special
Cassidy embodies the true feel of a neighborhood school. Many families grew up attending Cassidy and now have their children and grandchildren enrolled here.
Our parents and community members volunteer more than 4,500 hours per year. With their support, Cassidy’s tradition of excellence in education continues to shine. Our state test results show steady increases in the level of student achievement each year.
We also embrace and celebrate the diversity our student population brings. The phrase “It takes a village to raise a child” becomes a reality through many collaborative efforts with groups such as University of Kentucky, the Lexington Public Library, the Central Music Academy and the Explorium children's museum.
About this page
To report a broken link or other website issues: Tammy Lane