Parent Resource Center
What we do:
We provide a place where families of children with special needs can receive parent-to-parent counseling on special education issues and concerns. Families are welcome to visit and preview materials from the lending library, which has many books, videotapes and periodicals related to disability. The staff can connect parents to resources and support groups and also help with online research.
How to find us:
As of February 2013, our center is in the "It's About Kids" Support Services facility at 1126 Russell Cave Road, Lexington KY 40505. The phone number is (859) 381-4229, and the fax number is (859) 381-4225.
- PRC brochure
- The Michelle P. Waiver | How to apply
- Key people
- Admissions and Release Committee meetings (ARC)
- Individual Education Program (IEP)
- Book list
- Ways to get involved with your child
- How to help kids with homework
- My Child's Notebook
- My Teen's Notebook
- Certificate or diploma?
- Transition websites
- Post-Secondary Transition Mentor Program (FCPS)
- Special Education Advisory Council (FCPS)
- Commission for Children with Special Health Care Needs (state agency)