In limited circumstances, Fayette County students may ask to attend a school other than the main one serving their neighborhood. The allowable reasons are listed in the online out-of-area (OOA) application, and district-level approval is not guaranteed.
Because of capacity concerns, elementary students are encouraged to attend their assigned school. The criteria for requesting a change are limited. Priorities include children of school-level employees, walkers living within one mile, fifth-graders desiring to finish at their same school, siblings, and students anticipating a family move before Oct. 31.
For middle and high school assignments, potential exceptions are noted in the online application, and students will be approved to attend alternate schools only if space is available.
Note: If a student moved during the 2014-2015 school year, please select this reason on the OOA application in order to be reviewed to continue in the same middle or high school in 2015-2016: Our family has moved, but I would like my child to remain in the school in which he/she has already attended.
An out-of-area agreement is attached to each approval letter; it must be signed and returned to the school. All students approved for out-of-area placements must provide their own transportation. Note: Placements are continued year to year in most cases, but an annual review of student attendance, behavior and academic progress might lead to revocation.
Questions? (859) 381-4122
- Registration for 2015-2016
- Online street directory (Schools are assigned by the student's home address.)
- Out-of-area application -- The form is for families' use; FCPS employees who live outside Fayette County should call 381-4130.
Available sites for 2015-2016
FCPS provides this list as a guideline; it is subject to change anytime based on actual and projected enrollment figures as well as school board decisions and policies.
- Middle schools: Bryan Station (sixth grade), Crawford, Southern, Winburn
- High schools: Tates Creek
New attendance zones
- Early entry for rezoned students not an option this fall
- New boundary maps: Elementary* (fall 2016) | Middle (fall 2017) | High (fall 2017)
- Online street directory (Plug in address to find assigned schools.)
The elementary map will be updated to reflect the Bainbridge neighborhood remaining at ACE.*