KMEA selects musicians for 2017 all-state ensembles
Author: Tammy L. Lane • First Posted: Monday, January 9, 2017
After competitive auditions, the Kentucky Music Educators Association chose dozens of talented high school musicians for 2017 all-state honors. These students will rehearse with guest conductors and perform during next month’s KMEA statewide conference in Louisville. The following participants are from Fayette County Public Schools.
Jazz Ensemble 1
Performing at 7 p.m. Feb. 10 in the Galt House ballroom
- Henry Clay: Tristan Taylor, tenor saxophone; Tyler Rosenkrantz, trumpet; James Gooding, drums.
- Lafayette: David Vest, trumpet; Landon Feese, guitar; Thomas Kikuchi, drums.
- Paul Laurence Dunbar: Juan Gonzalez, alto saxophone.
Jazz Ensemble 2
- Bryan Station: Ethan Rushing, trumpet.
- Henry Clay: Noah Beckett, baritone saxophone; Jordan Bell, trombone; Braeden Young, bass trombone.
- Lafayette: Ethan Ferguson, trumpet; Vanessa Meliksetyan, piano.
All-State Commonwealth Strings
3 p.m. Feb. 11 in Whitney Hall at The Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts
- Bryan Station: Karishma Srinivasan, violin; Faith Buede, violin; Isabella Hunter; viola; Brendley Nathaniel, viola; Logan Florence, cello.
- Henry Clay: Chancellor Lewis, violin; Tobias Cox, violin.
- Lafayette: Leila Abou-Jaoude, violin; Samantha Beach; violin; Eve Blackburn, violin; Madison Jones, violin; Olivia Kramer, violin; Isaac Martin, violin; Oliva Peppiatt, violin; Aaron Choate, viola; Julian Little, viola; Robby Neff, viola; Laney Ruth, viola; Andrew Wachal, viola; Anna Watrous, cello; Eli Dreyer, double bass; Olivia Spaulding, double bass.
- Paul Laurence Dunbar: Katrina Baniak, violin; Rehan Ghanta, violin; Megan Guan, violin; Kelly Chen, violin; Jenna Kim, violin; Celina Luo, violin; Vaaragie Subramaniam, violin; Amy Wang, violin; Saiprasad Naidu, viola; Jared Taylor, viola; Helen Pang, cello.
- Tates Creek: Leah Preston, cello.
All-State Symphony Orchestra
4 p.m. Feb. 11 in Whitney Hall at The Kentucky Center
- Bryan Station: Madeline Farrar, violin; Anna Claire Wright, violin; Chris Copley, violin; Sidney Bibbs, viola; Rachel Mooney, viola; Caleb Robinson, viola; Simone Bibbs, cello; Russell Scaife, cello; Ellie Stevens, cello; Griffin Farrar, double bass.
- Henry Clay: Olivia Ault, violin; Viviana Guerrero, oboe.
- Lafayette: Amber Adins, violin; William Arnold, violin; Sydney Carter, violin; Michelle Choi, violin; Evan Johnson, violin; Delaney Rayens, violin; Miranda Rojas, violin; Ella Webster, violin; Bailey; Joseph Yates, violin; Deborah Han, viola; Anna Jeoung, viola; Joe Mattingly, cello; Nathan Tantasook, cello; Zoe SirLouis, bassoon.
- Paul Laurence Dunbar: Dina Birioukova, violin; Jina Park, violin; Maxwell Qiu, violin; Yoon Cho, violin; Erik Han, violin; David Ma, violin; Jeffrey Shen, viola; James Brandewie, cello; Hannah Wang, cello.
- Tates Creek: Natalie Fowler, violin.
All-State Concert Band
1 p.m. Feb. 11 in Whitney Hall at The Kentucky Center
- Bryan Station: Asia Thomas, French horn.
- Lafayette: Meredith Hinkle, flute; Matthew Mitchell, bassoon; Bethany Boggs, clarinet; Karlee Caswell, clarinet; Dustin Voss, trumpet; Madeline Savage, French horn; Tyler Conn, French horn; Carson Crovo, trombone; Austin Booth, trombone; Matt DeRossett, bass trombone; Wyatt Tharpe, tuba.
- Paul Laurence Dunbar: Ellen Danford, trombone; Jack Warren, percussion.
- Tates Creek: Kaitlin Robertson, flute.
All-State Symphonic Band
2 p.m. Feb. 11 in Whitney Hall at The Kentucky Center
- Henry Clay: Katie Demos, flute; Luke Cave, clarinet; Regan Cox, trumpet.
- Lafayette: Shannon James, flute; Julia Crandall, flute; Angelina Pius, oboe; Ashley James, bass clarinet; Quinn Heltzel, trumpet; Hope Bennett, French horn; Rachel Booth, French horn; Britton Fugazzi, trombone; Austin Lancaster, trombone; Josh Andreatta, euphonium; Michael Haymes, tuba; Ben Henault, timpani.
- Paul Laurence Dunbar: Oliva Zastro, clarinet; Emily Cooper, clarinet; Matthew Goodrich, clarinet; Ashley Su, flute.
- Tates Creek: Kathleen West, flute.