FFA students win, place in Bluegrass regional contests
Author: Tammy L. Lane • First Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2017
Two dozen FFA students from Locust Trace AgriScience Center competed and many fared well in the Bluegrass regional contests Dec. 8 in Clark County. This series included agriculture sales, employability skills, and other quiz bowls.
- Equine Bowl, first place: Kelly Acevedo, Darcy Brown, Heather Byers, and Allison Shell, (high score);
- Floriculture Bowl, first place: Seth Felts (high score), Madison Martin, Priscilla Portwood, and Savanna Stephens;
- Job Interview, first place: Mollie Hurst;
- Small Animal Bowl, second place: Will Bischoff, Shania Catching, Seth Felts, and Savannah Freeman;
- Ag Mechanics, third place: Caleb Burke, Bethel Dotson, Chris Hager, and Blake Hansen;
- Ag Sales, third place: Darcy Brown, Mollie Hurst, Allison Shell, and Savanna Stephens;
- Environmental Bowl, third place: Margot Abihabib, Logan Cheek, Dylan Estes, and Michael Rehorn.
For questions, contact FFA adviser Daniel Bustle at (859) 381-3990.