FBLA students stack up state awards
Author: Tammy L. Lane • First Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2017
FBLA members from Paul Laurence Dunbar High School wrapped up several top honors at the Kentucky Future Business Leaders of America’s state conference, which ran April 17-19 in Louisville.
- Journalism, first place: Julia Radhakrishnan;
- Public Speaking, first: Sahar Mohammadzadeh;
- Economics, first: Helen Pang;
- Sports and Entertainment Management, first: Sai Naidu, Kevin Jing, and Rehan Ghanta;
- Business Financial Plan, second place: Akhil Kesaraju;
- Entrepreneurship, second: Amy Wang and Emily Liu;
- Introduction to Business Presentation, second: Sydney Sun and Angie Xiao;
- Public Service Announcement, third place: Rohan Palla and Sukruthi Yerramreddy;
- Business Law, fourth place: Kelly Chen;
- Marketing, fourth: Yoon Cho and Ben Xie;
- Management Decision-Making, fourth: Arya Shoa and Michael Waggoner; and
- Cyber Security, fifth place: Max Qiu.
In addition, Sam Newman of Tates Creek High School placed fifth in Entrepreneurship Concepts.
FBLA develops leadership, communication, and team skills, and enables students to network at the local, state, and national level. The 2017 national conference is slated for June 29 through July 2 in Anaheim, Calif.