How do I notify FCPS if my family moves?
If your family moves during the academic year, you should complete a new household form for your child's school to update your address in Infinite Campus.
- Household form (turn in at school)
- Online street directory - to see which schools your neighborhood is assigned to
If your move puts you in a different school zone, you also need to complete an out-of-area request for your children to finish out the school year at their current school.
- Elementary guidelines | en Espanol
- Secondary guidelines | en Espanol
- Out-of-area request - Click reason No. 3; call 859-381-4122 for assistance.
Later, in April, you would complete another OOA request for the following school year if your child wishes to continue attending the previous school. Note: Criteria are limited.
If you move during the summer break into a different school zone, you should visit the new school to register your student under your new address. Be sure to bring two proofs of residence. (Grades K-5 may register during summer sign-up windows, and older students after Aug. 1; see www.fcps.net/registration.)