How do I notify FCPS if my family moves?
If your family moves during the academic year, you should complete a new household form for your child's school to update your address in Infinite Campus.
- Household form (turn in at school)
- Online street directory - to see which schools your neighborhood is assigned to
If you move into a different school zone, you also need to complete an out-of-area request for children to finish out the school year at their current school.
- Elementary guidelines | en Espanol
- Secondary guidelines | en Espanol
- Out-of-area request - Click reason No. 3; call 859-381-4122 for assistance.
Later, in April, you would complete another OOA request for the following school year if your child wishes to continue attending the previous school.
If you move during the summer break into a different school zone, you should visit the new school to register your child under your new address. Be sure to bring two proofs of residence. (Grades K-5 may register during summer sign-up windows, and older students after Aug. 1; see www.fcps.net/registration.)