How do I notify FCPS if my family moves?

If your family moves during the academic year, you should complete a new "household" form for your child's school to update your address in Infinite Campus.

If you move into a different school zone, you also need to complete an out-of-area request for your child to finish out the year at his same school. Later, you would complete another request for the following school year if your child wishes to continue attending his previous school. 


If you move during the summer break into a different school zone, you should visit the new school to register your child under your new address. Be sure to bring two proofs of residence. (Grades K-5 may register during summer sign-up windows, and older students after Aug. 1; see


About this page

  • For questions: Tammy Lane
  • To report a broken link or other website issues: Tammy Lane
  • Updated: August 15, 2014