Child Nutrition (Food Service)

Summer meals

Free breakfast, lunch, and snacks are available for ages 18 and younger.

Twitter: @KyKidsEat

What we do:

apple logoOur district, through federally assisted meal programs, provides nutritionally balanced, low-cost or free meals to students each school day. Children who are hungry find it hard to stay alert and participate in their classroom experiences. So we help close the "readiness" gap with a good breakfast before classes begin. We also plan school lunches that provide one-third of the recommended dietary allowances for school-age children. Menus include a daily variety of fresh fruits, vegetables, low-fat milk and whole-grain products. Also, we have made changes in food specifications and preparation to lower fat, sodium and sugar content.

How to find us:

Our office is at 400 Springhill Drive, Lexington KY 40503. The main phone number is (859) 381-3846, and the fax number is (859) 381-3831. Follow us on Twitter, too; our tag is @nutritionFCPS.

Web tip: The URL shortcut to this page is



Food Service

Nutrition and Physical Activity

For FCPS staff:

Look for details about catering prices and bids for FCPS employees on the staff portal.



The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or if all or part of an individual's income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.) If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, also available at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Ave., S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (in Spanish). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

About this page