What we do:
We in Human Resources are committed to recruiting and retaining the best employees to serve our students and families. Our office hires administrators (principals, directors, etc.), certified employees (teachers, counselors, speech pathologists, etc.) and classified employees (paraeducators, clerical staff, bus drivers, etc). We also help our employees with certification requirements, new teacher internships, professional development opportunities, leave and substitute options.
How to find us:
Our office is in the Ambrose building at 128 Walton Ave., behind the main building in the "It's About Kids" Support Services complex at 701 E. Main St. in Lexington, Ky. The main phone number is (859) 381-4740, and the fax number is (859) 381-4271. Our mailing address is 1126 Russell Cave Road, Lexington KY 40505.
Web tip: The URL shortcut to this page is www.fcps.net/hr
(See also www.fcps.net/benefits and www.fcps.net/payroll)
Who we are:
- Melodee Parker, Director of Human Resources
- Meribeth Gaines, Associate Director of Certified Personnel
- Kiyon Massey, Associate Director of Classified Personnel
- Jennifer Dyar, Associate Director of Evaluations & Professional Development
For questions about ...
- Job applications: Becky Berry; FAQ
- Classified employees: Shaleta Washington
- Certified employees: Tomeia Luke
- Certification, renewal and rank changes: Laura Art
- Tenure and experience verification: Monica Jones
- Supplemental duty: Karissa Austin
- KTIP: Barbara Williams
- Student-teacher placements and job postings: Cortney Enlow
- Substitute teaching: Fleur Hosseini
- Substitute placements: Brandy Ashford and Karissa Austin
- Volunteering: Betsy Thomas
Application Center - (859) 381-4123 or -4190
Recruitment and retention
- FAQ about ordering a criminal records report
- Minority Educator Recruitment and Retention Scholarship -- Authorized in 1992 by the Kentucky General Assembly, it addresses the shortage of minority teachers especially in the areas of mathematics and science.
Training and educational opportunities
- Student teachers, interns, field and practicum placements
- Classified Aspiring Leadership is a voluntary program designed to offer hourly, classified employees an opportunity to become effective leaders in FCPS. The purpose is self-improvement and professional development; participation does not guarantee a leadership position or an increase in pay. If interested, complete the online application or contact Kiyon Massey.
- SafeSchools online lessons - mandatory staff training for bloodborne pathogens, injury prevention, sexual harassment, etc. (password-protected)
- University of Kentucky: Education Leadership Studies
- Georgetown College's Rank I Teacher Leader program: information | flow chart
- Asbury University: information | programs | graduate program for aspiring principals
- Online degrees in Kentucky
- Ashland University: highlights | course listings
Individual citizens and supportive businesses and organizations may volunteer their time in our schools. For more information, visit the Family And Community Engagement page.
- Online application (Everyone must re-apply every four years.)
- Note: FCPS employees with access to the approved volunteer list for their work site can find it under handy links on the staff portal.