Specialized academic programs
Certain programs, some of which are not considered to be districtwide, offer specialized education within a school or are freestanding sites. See the links below for more details. For questions, contact the program's coordinator or director.
- Academy of Information Technology at Bryan Station High School; Heather Eppley, 381-3308
- Carter G. Woodson Academy; Jaynae Boateng, 381-3933
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme at Tates Creek High School; Delores Minor, 381-3623
- Pre-Engineering Program at Lafayette High School; Gene Toth, 381-3474
- Pre-Engineering Program at Leestown Middle School; Stephen Holthaus, 381-3181
- StationARTS at Bryan Station High School; Kristine Lyon, 381-3308
- STEAM Academy; Tina Stevenson, 381-3033
FCPS online application (The window is Aug. 15 to Oct. 7 for the following school year.)
- Air Force JROTC at Bryan Station High; Greg Coker, 381-3308
- Army JROTC at Henry Clay High School; William Larkin, 381-3423
Web tip: The URL shortcut to this page is www.fcps.net/specialized
Gifted and talented programs
In addition to services provided at students' home schools, FCPS offers several G&T programs throughout the district. These include the Elementary Accelerated Program, Middle School Accelerated Program, SCAPA at Bluegrass, SCAPA at Lafayette High, Liberal Arts Academy at Henry Clay and the Math, Science & Technology Center at Paul Laurence Dunbar High.
Students accepted into magnet schools can study in the specialty program of their choice. These schools include Dixie Magnet Elementary, Maxwell Spanish Immersion Magnet Elementary and Lexington Traditional Magnet School.