FCPS registration requirements
To enroll a child in Fayette County Public Schools, families should go to the school their neighborhood is assigned to and fill out a registration packet. Any child who turns 5 on or before Oct. 1 is eligible for full-day kindergarten. To determine your school, use our online street directory or call (859) 381-4315.
Please bring the following to registration:
- Child's birth certificate or other reliable proof of identity
- Two proofs of residence, such as a property deed or current lease agreement in your name and a secondary document such as a current utility bill or a current tax bill or receipt
- Proof of child's recent preventative health care exam *
- Up-to-date Kentucky immunization certificate *
- Proof of an eye exam (due by Jan. 1, 2014)
- Proof of a dental exam (due by Jan. 1, 2014)
- Court documents pertaining to your child, if applicable
* You may register without these documents, but your child may not attend school until they are provided.
Call the district's kindergarten/preschool office at (859) 381-4105 or the Pupil Personnel office at (859) 381-4130.