What we do:
We in Human Resources are committed to recruiting and retaining the best employees to serve our students and families. Our office hires administrators (principals, directors, etc.), certified employees (teachers, counselors, speech pathologists, etc.) and classified employees (paraeducators, clerical staff, bus drivers, etc). We also help our employees with certification requirements, new teacher internships, professional development opportunities, leave and substitute options.
How to find us:
Our office is in the Ambrose building at 128 Walton Ave., behind the main building in the "It's About Kids" Support Services complex at 701 E. Main St. in Lexington, Ky. The main phone number is (859) 381-4740, and the fax number is (859) 381-4271. Our mailing address is 1126 Russell Cave Road, Lexington KY 40505
Staff recruitment and retention
FAQ about the application process / (859) 381-4190
FYI: The Minority Educator Recruitment and Retention Scholarship was authorized in 1992 by the Kentucky General Assembly to address the critical shortage of minority teachers, especially in the areas of mathematics and science.
Opportunities for FCPS staff
The University of Kentucky is recruiting help to staff its football games and other sports events. | Details
Training and educational opportunities
- FCPS in-house sessions - Aspiring Leadership training, Praxis II workshops, resume writing and interview etiquette, etc.
- SafeSchools online lessons - mandatory staff training for bloodborne pathogens, injury prevention, sexual harassment, etc. (password-protected)
- University of Kentucky: Educational Leadership Studies
- Georgetown College's Rank I Teacher Leader program: information | flow chart
- Asbury University: information | programs | graduate program for aspiring principals
- Arkansas State University: information | online MA offer
- Trevecca Nazarene University: admissions | courses
- Ashland University: Virtual Education Software
Individual community members and supportive businesses and organizations may volunteer their time in our schools. For more information, check out Family And Community Engagement.
- Online application (Everyone must re-apply every four years.)
- Note: FCPS employees with access to the approved volunteer list for their site can find it under 'handy links' on the staff portal.
Who we are in HR:
Melodee Parker, Director of Human Resources
Jennifer Kendall, Associate Director of Certified Personnel
Kiyon Massey, Associate Director of Classified Personnel
Jennifer Flinn, Associate Director of Evaluations & Professional Development
Alexis Witherspoon, Associate Director of Recruitment & Retention
For questions about ...
Certification/renewal/rank changes: Karin Pabian
Certified employees: Laura Art
Classified employees: Kasie Ralston
Job applications: Becky Hearn
KTIP: Barbara Williams
Supplemental duty: Karissa Austin