What we do:
We in Human Resources are committed to recruiting and retaining the best employees to serve our students and families. Our office hires administrators (principals, directors, etc.), certified employees (teachers, counselors, speech pathologists, etc.) and classified employees (paraeducators, clerical staff, bus drivers, etc). We also help our employees with certification requirements, new teacher internships, professional development opportunities, leave and substitute options.
How to find us:
Our mailing address is 1126 Russell Cave Road, Lexington KY 40505. Our office is in the Ambrose building at 128 Walton Ave., behind the main building in the "It's About Kids" Support Services complex at 701 E. Main St. The main phone number is (859) 381-4740, and the fax number is (859) 381-4271.
Web tip: The URL shortcut to this page is www.fcps.net/hr
Who we are:
- Jennifer Dyar, director of Human Resources
- Cindy Godsey, associate director of Certified Personnel
- Kiyon Massey, associate director of Classified Personnel
- Meribeth Gaines, associate director of Evaluations & Professional Development
For questions about ...
- Job listings and applications: FAQ, Rebecca Collins or Betsy Thomas; for Applitrack technical issues: Monica Jones
- Administrative employees: Julie Farris
- Classified employees: Kiyon Massey
- Certified employees: Susan Rease
- Contracts: Monica Jones
- Certification, renewal, and rank changes: Laura Art
- Tenure and experience verification: Monica Jones
- Supplemental duty: Karissa Austin
- Name or address changes: Ann Gateskill
- KTIP: Barbara Williams
- Student-teacher placements and job postings: Louise Dobbins
- Substitute employees: Fleur Hosseini
- Substitute placements: Brandy Ashford and Karissa Austin
- Volunteering: Betsy Thomas
Job application center - (859) 381-4190
Recruitment and training
- FAQ about ordering a criminal records report
- Minority Educator Recruitment and Retention Scholarship -- an initiative to address the shortage of minority teachers, especially in mathematics and science.
- Student teachers, interns, field and practicum placements
- Classified Aspiring Leadership - a voluntary program designed to offer hourly, classified employees an opportunity to become effective leaders in FCPS. The purpose is self-improvement and professional development; participation does not guarantee a leadership position or an increase in pay. If interested, complete the online application or contact Kiyon Massey.
- SafeSchools online lessons - mandatory staff training on bloodborne pathogens, injury prevention, sexual harassment, etc. (password-protected)
- Kentucky Education Association (KEA) | Fayette County Education Association (FCEA)
- Kentucky Association of Professional Educators (KAPE)
- University of Kentucky: Education Leadership Studies
- Georgetown College: off-campus graduate programs
- Asbury University: information | programs | graduate program for aspiring principals
- Ashland University: highlights | course listings
- FRYSC Corps: literacy tutors affiliated with AmeriCorps
Individual citizens and supportive businesses and organizations may volunteer their time in our schools. For more information, visit the Family And Community Engagement page.
- Online application (Everyone must re-apply every four years.)
- Note: FCPS employees with access to the approved volunteer list for their work site can find it under handy links on the staff portal.