Family And Community Engagement (FACE)
What we do:
Fayette County Public Schools recognizes that family and community engagement is essential as we partner to educate our students and prepare them for life-long learning. FCPS envisions a districtwide culture that promotes collaborative partnerships to support student learning, enrich educational experiences, and prepare students to excel as successful citizens in a global society. Once parents, teachers, and community members view one another as partners in education, a caring community forms around students, helping to ensure success.
How to find us:
Our office is in room 100 at "It's About Kids" Support Services, 701 E. Main St., Lexington, Ky. Our mailing address is 1126 Russell Cave Road, Lexington KY 40505. The main phone number is (859) 381-4241, and the fax number is (859) 381-4219.
Web tip: The URL shortcut to this page is www.fcps.net/face.
Our volunteer program plays a major role in developing a nurturing community that has a powerful and positive impact on student outcomes. Your willingness to share your time and talents is greatly appreciated.
For our families
- Family Learning Guides
- Family University
- Urban Family Engagement Network (UFEN)
- Infinite Campus parent/student portals
- School-Based Decision Making Councils (SBDM)
- 16th District PTA
- Parent Resource Center - for families of students with special needs
- Title I parent newsletters
- Confidentiality and Nondiscrimination Handbook
- Community Partners Leadership Team
- Scoring rubric for the high-performance partner awards (Golden Apple)
- Web links to partner organizations and resources