Meal prices, payment policies & assistance programs



Paid (preK-12): $1.35
Reduced price: $.30
Full assistance: free
Milk: $.60
Adults: $2


Paid (preK-5): $2.50
Paid (grades 6-12): $2.75
Reduced price: $.40
Full assistance: free
Milk: $.60
Adults: $4

MyPaymentsPlus is your source for convenient, secure meal account management. We make it easy to apply funds to your account and check the account balance for your child's cafeteria program.   

Bank it: Deposits in any amount may be made to a student's personal account, thus reducing the chance that breakfast or lunch money will be forgotten, lost or stolen. While students still have the option of paying as they go through the line, advance payment will speed transactions and allow the lines to move more quickly. All students have personal accounts regardless of paying status (free, reduced or full pay). School staff members also are encouraged to open accounts for their food purchases.

Charge it: Students are encouraged to pay in advance for food purchases. Any child who forgets or loses his money may charge a meal. A letter will be sent to notify the parent or guardian, who then is expected to pay in full. If a student's charges reach the amount equivalent of two lunches and two breakfasts, a nutritious snack of a plain cheese sandwich and a milk will be provided. If a child has food allergies, other provisions will be made. Note: Adults must pay for meals in advance or at the time of purchase. There are no provisions for adult charges. 

Check-writing policy: FCPS requires the following information on all checks: full name, street address and home phone number. If a check is returned by the bank, it will automatically be forwarded to Envision for collection of what is owed, plus the $50 state-allowed collection fee. When needed, Envision may re-present the check to the bank electronically along with applicable collection fees.

Meal assistance programs

Direct certification: FCPS participates in state program that certifies children for free meals based on members of households receiving assistance under certain programs (SNAP, KTAP, Medicaid, Foster). The information is provided to FCPS by the state/local agency directing these programs. Households who are notified that their students have been directly certified do not need to complete an application.  

Community Eligibility Provision (CEP): For the 2016-17 school year, nearly three dozen FCPS school sites qualify for the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) because at least 40 percent of enrolled students qualify for federal assistance. All students at these sites receive free meals. 

National School Lunch Program: Children from families whose income is at or below established low-income levels are eligible for free or reduced-priced meals at non-CEP sites. For more details on how to apply, including the income eligibility chart, visit the free and reduced meals page. 

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the agency (state or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington D.C. 20250-9410; fax: (202) 690-7442; or email to This institution is an equal opportunity provider.


About this page